Pages

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Chrysanthemum & Green Tea

 Chrysanthemum & Green Tea
Yesterday I browsed around China Town and found dried Chrysanthemum! I'm sure most of us have tried Chrysanthemum tea at Chinese restaurants. The first thing you notice with this tea is the relaxing smell and the mild not bitter taste! I like green teas but sometimes if you've stewed the drink for too long it starts to get bitter.
Not so with this tea!

 I don't really know the official way to make this tea but I like to make it my way since it taste great and looks even better! ^__^


Chrysanthemum & Green Tea Recipe (2 cups)

Ingredients:
  • 1 handful of dried Chrysanthemum
  • 1 green tea sachet
  • 3 cups boiling water

Preparation:
In a Tea pot or a Cafetiere add the tea bag and the chysanthemum. Pour boiling water over it and let stew for 3mins. Strain and pour into the cups.

Tips: 
  • with this tea you don't really add sugar or sweetener but a dash of honey might be a better option if you prefer something sweet.
  • you can strain your tea or let the chrysanthemum float in your cup! I make mine unstrained as it makes for a much more interesting cup of tea and looks very pretty!  

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment